What is Reiki?
Reiki is a technique for relaxation, stress reduction and pain relief – it promotes healing on all levels; mental, physical, spiritual and emotional.
It’s based on the principle that the practitioner can channel energy into the patient by means of touch, to activate the natural healing processes of the patient’s body and restore physical and emotional well-being.
Most commonly, Reiki is offered through light, non-invasive touch with the practitioner’s hands placed on or above a series of locations on the head and front and back of the torso. The placement of the hands should never be intrusive or inappropriate, nor should there be any pressure.
Reiki is increasingly being used by nurses and other healthcare professionals in hospitals, hospices and nursing homes. It is becoming increasingly respected within conventional Western medicine.
What can Reiki do for me?
- assist you in recovery from medical treatments, operations and injuries
- reduce anxiety, depression and pain
- treat stress and help with insomnia, relieve headaches
- bring relief from chronic pain
- support and aid healing through any emotional problems you may be experiencing
- lower stress hormones, blood pressure and heart rate.
- improve fatigue and strengthen overall wellbeing
- help promote general health and improve the immune system
Because there is nothing about a Reiki session that can interfere with conventional medical care, Reiki has no known contraindications and can be used concurrently with any medical intervention.