The compresses are soaked, steamed and then used on the body by either patting, pounding or rolling them onto the skin. The heat from the compress carries the herbal essences and essential oils deep into the skin, underlying tissues and organs. The treatment brings about a deep sensation of comfort and warmth whilst stimulating the body to detoxify and heal itself.
Benefits of Thai Herbal Compress Massage
The combination of the heat, herbs and massage is excellent for stress, anxiety and exhaustion, back pain, rheumatism and arthritis, fibromyalgia, headaches and more.
- Reduces tension through heat and aromatic properties of the herbs
- Deep relaxation of muscle and nerve fibres (helps relieve chronic pain arising from overuse injuries)
- Softens and nourishes the skin (many herbs are nourishing, exfoliating and restorative)
- Eases respiration through the use of aromatic herbal vapours
- Improves the circulation as the massage and heat dilates the blood vessels enabling them to work more efficiently
- Aids the elimination of toxins and waste products through increased lymphatic circulation and detoxification provided by heat, herbs and massage