We provide clinical massage treatment for shoulder pain.
Shoulder pain is very common. The shoulder joint is the most mobile joint in the body and has a wide range of motion. When something goes wrong with your shoulder it stops you moving freely and can cause a great deal of pain and discomfort.
We use a combination of advanced massage techniques to relieve your pain and improve your mobility.
If you are in pain then please click here to book in for an initial appointment.
Your first appointment includes a detailed consultation followed by an hour of treatment for £50.
All subsequent treatments are an hour long and cost £50.
What causes shoulder pain?
A number of factors and conditions can contribute to your pain including:
Rotator cuff injuries: common features include:
- pain is worse when using your arm above shoulder height e.g. brushing your hair
- pain worse at night
- pain on front and side of shoulder
- painful, persistent stiffness of shoulder joint which restricts normal range of movement
- difficulty in carrying out everyday tasks and sleeping comfortably
- symptoms advance slowly, worsening over months or years
Shoulder instability: common features include:
- a slipping or catching feeling in shoulder or complete dislocation in severe cases
- symptoms such as tingling, weakness and numbness
Acromioclavicular joint disorders: common features include:
- Osteoarthritis is a common cause. Joints are painful and stiff
- increased risk through contact sports such as rugby or if you have fallen on your shoulder
- limited movement of joint and pain on top of shoulder.
Poor posture, repetitive sprain injuries, soft tissue degeneration as you get older and many more causes can result in shoulder pain.